Like every week, it was a week to remember. Here is my top 6 list from this past week:
- I spent an amazing week with my INCREDIBLE parents who came to visit - thanks Mom and Dad!!!
- I went backcountry skiing with some of Aspen's premier ski guides and mountaineering legends. Including Christy Mahon, who was the first woman to climb and ski every peak in Colorado over 14,000 feet... all 54 of them
- I had dinner with Mt. Everest climbing guides, including one who saved many lives during the 1996 Everest disaster
- I skied some AWESOME backcountry terrain in Marble with EPIC snow conditions
- I went to an incredible free concert from piano prodigy, Jan Lisiecki
- I attended a super interesting conversation about the importance of meditation and how it improved attention and quality of life at the Aspen Institute... I'm gonna start... want to join me!?
I'm a firm believer in the "To teach is to learn twice" philosophy, and yet I realized I rarely use this method when coaching others skiing, as well as professionally. It was a great reminder that even if lessons come through at a slower pace, they are more effective and last long. I was reminded that its great to let other people take the helm so that they too can grow.
Here are some of my picture highlights from the week: